Recommended Anthropomorphics List
2016 list open
Mail blog now open!
Contacts & Links
Nominations for 2015
Voting for 2015
ALAA's Choice Award
ALAA Hall of Fame
Fur Your Consideration.....
(Last Update April 29, 2016)
This sixteenth annual Recommended Anthropomorphics List has two purposes.
Firstly, it is open for all Furry fans to recommend what they
consider to be the best anthropomorphic movies, TV series, novels,
artwork, games, etc. that they found first published during 2016. It is
for fans who want to know what anthropomorphic movies, TV series,
novels, etc. others found to be worth looking for. The List is open to
anyone to add to, so if you know of any 2016 Furry movies or comic books
or comic strips, etc. that you consider worth recommending, please send
your recommendations to:
The ALAA reserves the right to exclude from the Recommended
Anthropomorphics List, and from contention for an Ursa Major Award, any
works it deems to be obscene, libelous, illegal, or otherwise
detrimental to the integrity and good standing of the Ursa Major Awards
and the anthropomorphics fandom that those awards represent.
All recommendations for 2016 must be received by January 15, 2017.
It would be greatly appreciated if you are able to provide weblinks
to your recommendations so that we can correctly add them to the list.
The second purpose is to serve as a guide to which items were
produced in 2016, to help fans determine what is eligible to nominate
for the year's Ursa Major Awards (to be voted upon in 2017). Note: Recommendation of items to this list does not constitute nomination for the awards, nor is it a requirement for nomination! Nominations may not be made until January 2017 - check the Nominations page for instructions.
Fursuit performances qualify under "Dramatic Short Work or Series",
preferably in recorded form, or as performances which will be repeated.
The dividing line in size between Novel and Short Fiction is 40,000 words.
The "Other Literary Work" category is for any literary work
that does not fit into the existing written categories, including but
not limited to such things as short story and comic strip collections,
graphic novels, and non-fiction.
The Published Illustration category is intended for single
illustrations only. When multiple illustrations exist in the same
story/book be careful to identify exactly which illustration you mean.
Should you wish to recommend an artist of several illustrations in the
same story, none of which stands out above the other, cite the title
page or other first illustration.
Recommended Anthropomorphic Miscellany is not matched by a similar
category in the Ursa Major Awards. Recommended Miscellany is for those
items like the Realm of the Claw action figures that appeared awhile
back, or the Cthulhu plush dolls that do not fit into any of the
existing categories, but are too good to be ignored.
This Recommended List is posted at http://www.ursamajorawards.org/. This website includes links to as many as possible of the recommended
items that have their own entries on the Internet; so if you want to
know more about any of them, you can go right to its site.
Recommended List for 2001
Recommended List for 2002
Recommended List for 2003
Recommended List for 2004
Recommended List for 2005
Recommended List for 2006
Recommended List for 2007
Recommended List for 2008
Recommended List for 2009
Recommended List for 2010
Recommended List for 2011
Recommended List for 2012
Recommended List for 2013
Recommended List for 2014
Recommended List for 2015
[Live-action or animated feature-length movies.]
- April and the Extraordinary World (Directed by Christian Desmares and Franck Ekinci; English-language dub, April 6)
- The Boy and the Beast (Directed by Mamoru Hoseda; English-language dub, February 2)
- The Jungle Book (Directed by John Favreau, April 15)
- Kung Fu Panda 3 (Directed by Jennifer Yuh Nelson and Alessandro Carloni; January 29)
- Zootopia (Directed by Byron Howard, Rich Moore and Jared Bush; February 11)
[TV series or one-shots, advertisements or short videos.]
- Bird's Eye - Boy With a Tail Advert (Directed by Jim Gilchrist; April 8)
- Desert Critters (Directed by Li Wen Toh; April 25)
- Trailer for Rudolph and Ippaiattena (Directed by Kunihko Yuyama and Motonori Sakakibara; April 15)
- My Little Pony: Friendship is Magic (Directed by James Thiessen, Jim Miller, and Denny Lu; Season 6 episode 1 to Season 6 episode ?, March 26 to ?)
- Untamed (Directed by Juliette Viger, February 1)
works of 40,000 words or more. Serialized novels qualify only for the
year that the final chapter is published.]
less than 40,000 words, poetry and other short written works.]
- A Gentleman of Strength, by Dwale. (in Claw the Way to Victory; January 24)
- Christmas Tensions (bonus chapter for Heart Behind the Mask), by Karmakat. (Furaffinity, January 6)
- Marge the Barge, by Mary E. Lowd. (in Claw the Way to Victory; January 24)
collections, comic collections, graphic novels, and
convention program books.]
- Claw The Way to Victory, edited by AnthroAquatic. (Jaffa Books, anthology; January 24)
- The Art of Zootopia, by Jessica Julius. (Chronicle Books, movie art book; March 8)
- Cats and More Cats, edited by Fred Patten. (FurPlanet Productions, anthology; January 14)
- CSI Fur Fest: The Unsolved Case of the Gas Attack at a Furry Convention, by Jennifer Swann. (VICE, article; February 11)
[Includes comic books and serialized online stories.]
- Lackadaisy, by Tracy J. Butler. (Internet; Lackadaisy Sabbatical to ?)
- Professor Amazing and the Incredible Golden Fox, by John Prengaman, Jr. (Internet; Chapter 1 page 23 to ?)
- TwoKinds, by Tom Fischbach. (Internet; January 6 to ?)
newspaper-style strips, including those with ongoing arcs.]
(Note - The Belfry contains links to a wide variety of on-line comics including many Furry ones.)
- Beyond the Black Stump, by Sean Leahy. (Internet; January 1 to ?)
- Carry On, by K. Garrison. (Internet; January 1 to ?)
- Doc Rat, by Jenner. (Internet; January 1 to ?)
- Schlock Mercenary, by Howard Taylor. (Internet; January 1 to ?)
- Swords and Sausages, by Jan. (Internet; January 10 to ?)
collections of creative and/or informational works by various people,
professional or amateur, published in print or online in written,
pictorial or audio-visual form.]
- Dogpatch Press, edited by Patch Packrat (Internet; January 4 to ?)
- Flayrah, edited by crossafliction and GreenReaper (Internet; January 1 to ?)
- InFurNation ( Internet; January 1 to ?)
for books, magazines, convention program books, cover art for such,
coffee table portfolios.]
- Jenn 'Pac' Rodriguez, cover of Claw the Way to Victory (Jaffa Books; January 24)
[Computer or console games, role-playing games, board games.]
collections of art, stories, and other creative and/or informational
works. Includes galleries, story archives, directories, blogs, and