Recommended Anthropomorphics List
Open for submissions
Contacts & Links
Nominations for 2021
Voting for 2021
ALAA's Choice Award
ALAA Hall of Fame
Articles & Interviews
Logo by Foxenawolf
Fur Your Consideration.....
(June 26, 2022)
This twenty-second annual Recommended Anthropomorphics List has two purposes. Firstly, it is open for all Furry fans to recommend what they consider to be the best anthropomorphic movies, TV series, novels, artwork, games, etc. that they found first published during 2022. It is for fans who want to know what anthropomorphic movies, TV series, novels, etc. others found to be worth looking for. The List is open to anyone to add to, so if you know of any 2022 Furry movies or comic books or comic strips, etc. that you consider worth recommending, please send your recommendations to:
The ALAA reserves the right to exclude from the Recommended Anthropomorphics List, and from contention for an Ursa Major Award, any works it deems to be obscene, libelous, illegal, or otherwise detrimental to the integrity and good standing of the Ursa Major Awards and the anthropomorphics fandom that those awards represent.
All recommendations for 2022 must be received by midnight PST, January 10, 2023.
It would be greatly appreciated if you are able to provide weblinks to your recommendations so that we can correctly add them to the list.
The second purpose is to serve as a guide to which items were produced in 2022, to help fans determine what is eligible to nominate for the year's Ursa Major Awards (to be voted upon in 2023). Note: Recommendation of items to this list does not constitute nomination for the awards, nor is it a requirement for nomination! Nominations may not be made until January 2023 - check the Nominations page for instructions.
The dividing line in size between Novel and Short Fiction is 40,000 words.
The "Other Literary Work" category is for any literary work that does not fit into the existing written categories, including but not limited to such things as short story and comic strip collections, and graphic novels.
The Published Illustration category is intended for single illustrations only. When multiple illustrations exist in the same story/book be careful to identify exactly which illustration you mean. Should you wish to recommend an artist of several illustrations in the same story, none of which stands out above the other, cite the title page or other first illustration.
Recommended Anthropomorphic Miscellany is not matched by a similar category in the Ursa Major Awards. Recommended Miscellany is for those items like the Realm of the Claw action figures that appeared awhile back, or the Cthulhu plush dolls that do not fit into any of the existing categories, but are too good to be ignored.
Fursuit performances qualify under "Dramatic Short Work or Series", preferably in recorded form, or as performances which will be repeated.
Fursuit is an Award category with special requirements. Due to the difficulties with administering this category, we will have to ask for extra information and other requirements to accept them into this category. To submit them to the Recommended List we require ALL of the following:
- Fursuit name
- Fursuit's maker
- Fursuit's owner/player (if not the maker)
- Good quality photograph taken during the eligible year (2022 at present) with permission to publish it if it is not already available on line.
- Date photograph taken
- Venue at which the photograph was taken. Due to the resumption of conventions and furmeets, we prefer photos taken at these events. However, we will still consider online presentations this year.
If all details are correctly supplied, the fursuit will be eligible for an Ursa Major Award for that year only. ALL fursuits are eligible for the Recommended List and as a candidate for an Award for ONE YEAR ONLY. When Award nominations are opened in January, all nominees for the Fursuit category must be chosen from those on the Recommended List for the eligible year. The Ursa Major Award will be given to the fursuit maker, not the wearer/performer. Photographs will be published on this website for consideration by the public. You must have the rights to that photo and grant us permission to show it. NOTE: An Award will only be presented if there are sufficient recommendations to proceed with it.
This Recommended List is posted at https://ursamajorawards.org/. This website includes links to as many as possible of the recommended items that have their own entries on the Internet; so if you want to know more about any of them, you can go right to its site.
Recommended Lists for previous years:
2001, 2002, 2003, 2004, 2005, 2006, 2007, 2008, 2009, 2010, 2011, 2012, 2013, 2014, 2015, 2016, 2017, 2018, 2019, 2020, 2021
# # #
Recommendations for 2022
[Live-action or animated feature-length movies.]
- The Bad Guys (Directed by Pierre Perifel; April 22)
- Chickenhare and the Hamster of Darkness (Directed by Ben Stassen and Benjamin Mousquet; February 16)
- Chip 'n Dale: Rescue Rangers (Directed by Akiva Schaffer; May 20)
- Sonic The Hedgehog 2 (Directed by Jeff Fowler; April 8)
- Turning Red (Directed by Domee Shi; March 11)
[one-shots, advertisements or short videos also specific episodes of series.]
- Bidoof's Big Stand (Directed by Shaofu Zhang; January 11)
- Catopolis (Directed by Victoria Vincent; June 6)
- Doggy god's street (Directed by ppp, Inugami Korone, FAKE TYPE.; April 13)
- Emaho! (Created by TheRoguez; April 15)
- There's Something About Amy (Directed by Mashsed, April 28)
- Tales From Scorchwater Valley - The Rhino and the Redbill (Directed by Alex Henderson; February 15)
- WEREPUP LORE VIDEO (Directed by Buffpup and Carillus; April 23)
- Amphibia (Created by Matt Braly; Season 3 eps 10 - 18)
- Chikn Nuggit (Created by Kyra Kupetsky; January 1 to December 31)
- Scrat Tales (Directed by Donnie Long, Michael Berardini, Jeff Gabor, Lisa Allen Keane, Matt Munn, Eric Prah, and Drew Winey; April 13)
[Written works of 40,000 words or more. Serialized novels qualify only for the year that the final chapter is published.]
- Scars of the Golden Dancer, by NightEyes DaySpring. (Dancing Jackal Books; March 4) Mature Audiences.
- Winter Without End, by Casimir Laski. (Fenris Publishing;June 15)
- Brothers At Arms, by R.A. Meenan. (Starcrest Fox Press; February 14)
- Toledot (Post-Self #2), by Madison Scott-Clary. (Self; January 21)
- The Hunter and the Lamb, by Clifford Thorner. (Amazon; April 9) Mature Audiences.
[Stories less than 40,000 words, poetry and other short written works.]
- Hi, I'm Jack and I'm Not From This World (audio), by Dirt Coyote. (Furaffinity; April 9) Mature Audiences.
- The Swift-Footed Darling of the Rocks (Do NOT Actually Call Me That), by Marie Croke. (In Zooscape; issue 14)
- Null (cover image), by Elise Zoe Heider. (Google Docs; April 10) Mature Audiences.
- Coyote Woman Sings the Blues, by Marissa James. (In Zooscape; issue 14)
- Bears & Bravery, by Gre7g Luterman (illustrations by BearHybrid). (The Bear Minimum patreon; April 5)
- UTO, Blue on Blue, by piershey. (Furaffinity; February 16.)
- Fox and Troll Steal Math by Jeff Reynolds. (In Gigantosaurus; April 1)
[Story collections, comic collections, convention program books and the like.]
- Circles: Volume 4, by Steve Domanski and Andrew French. (Fenris Publishing, collection; Febuary 21)
- Usagi Yojimbo Origins, by Stan Sakai. (IDW Publishing, trade paperback collection; volume 2 to end of year)
- Usagi Yojimbo, by Stan Sakai. (IDW Publishing, trade paperback collection; volume 3 Tengu War to end of year)
- A Black Fox Running, by Brian Carter, by Casimir Laski. (Furry Book Review, book review; June 8)
- Car Seat Headrest Returns With A Furrier Fanbase, by Joshua Encinias. (Brooklyn Magazine, article; June 14)
- Furry fandom, aesthetics, and the potential in new objects of fannish interest, by Kameron Dunn. (Transformative Works and Cultures, article; March 14)
- How furries fought back against a mayor who demanded the library remove its LGBTQ books, by LGBTQ Nation. (LGBTQ Nation, article; Febuary 3)
- The Merrie History of Looney Tunes, by KaiserBeamz. (YouTube, video series; episode 6 to end of year)
- MofuMofu SenSen Developer Releases Game In The US After Seeing “Sexy” Fanart, by W. Amirul Adlan. (Gamerbraves, article; June 16)
- Who runs the internet? Furries, by Dylan Reeve. (The Spinoff, article; January 11)
[Includes comic books and serialized online stories.]
- Bethellium, by ABlueDeer. (Kemono Cafe; January 17 to present)
- Blades of Furry, by Deya Muniz and Emily Erdos. (Webtoon; Episode 46 to end of year)
- The Eye of Ramalach, by Avencri. (Kemono Cafe; #286 to present)
- Ginga Haisou: Starlight Express, by Yuuki Ray. (Young King Ours GH, March 16 to current)
- Knighthood, by Chalodillo. (Kemono Cafe; #119 to present)
- Las Lindas, by Chalodillo. (Kemono Cafe; January 16 to present)
- Preeny Has to Repeat 6th Grade, by Momodriller. (Tapas, Chapter 5 page 3 to end of year.)
- Princess Bunny, by TheBunBunArt (Kemono Cafe; Janaury 16 to present)
- Rascals, by Mastergodai. (Kemono Cafe; #643 to present)
- Skinchange (a Hayven Celestia Story), by Rick Griffin, colors by Qualzar. (Rick Griffin Studios; Page 8 to end of year)
- Sonic the Hedgehog, written by Evan Stnaley and Ian Flynn, art by Aaron Hammerstrom, Evan Stanley and Adam Bryce Thomas. (IDW; issues #48 to end of year)
- Tamamo-chan's a Fox!, by Yuuki Ray. (Seven Seas Entertainment, Volumes 5 to 6)
- UberQuest, by Phuufy and Skidd. (Studio Khimera; pages 350 to end of year) Mature Audiences.
- Ultra Rosa, by Sr.Kah (Kemono Cafe; Chapter 2 Page 24 to present)
- Usagi Yojimbo, by Stan Sakai. (IDW Publishing, issues #25 to end of year)
- Usagi Yojimbo: Lone Goat & Kid, by Stan Sakai. (IDW Publishing; issues #1 to end of year)
- Ventura City Drifters, (also) by sonokido. (Tapas (also Webtoons); January 2 to end of year)
[For newspaper-style strips, including those with ongoing arcs.]
(Note - The Belfry contains links to a wide variety of on-line comics including many Furry ones.)
- Awoo!, by AC Stuart. (Instagram; January 14 to end of year)
- Completely Normal Guy In A Completely Normal Neighborhood Adopts Scene Dog, by Jack L. Byrley. (Twitter; April 3 to end of year)
- Daycare Comics, by eisorus. (Webtoons, Page 1 to current)
- Duncan and Eddie, by Chevril. (Twitter; January 1 to end of year)
- Foxes in Love, by @foxesinlove. (Twitter; January 1 to end of year)
- Gab Shiba, by Cross and Zurdo. (Furaffinity; number 206 to end of year)
- Kemofujin, by Kanon Pic. (Twitter, January 1 to current)
- Litterbox Comics, by Chesca and J Hause. (Twitter; January 6 to end of year)
- The Pigpen, by Hugo "Clipey" Aguilar and Andrew "Aethan" French. (Twitter; January 2 to end of year)
[Edited collections of creative and/or informational works by various people, professional or amateur, published in print or online in written, pictorial or audio-visual form.]
[Illustrations for books, magazines, convention program books, cover art for such, online art, coffee table portfolios.]
- A_Blue_Deer, 2022 Year of the Tiger, FurAffinity, April 6.
- A_Blue_Deer, Commission 2022 Kemono Cafe, FurAffinity, March 16.
- A_Blue_Deer, Commission 2022 MrAMP, FurAffinity, March 14.
- angiewolf, Save Me, Twitter, March 20.
- Ash, Bodega Catgirl, Twitter, March 18.
- Bleaksqueek, Blaidd from Elden Ring, Twitter, March 25.
- Blooming~Lynx, Sprigatito!, FurAffinity, Feb 28.
- BunBun-Art, Commission 44, FurAffinity, April 12.
- Canonkiller, clumsy, rushed, wholehearted; it's easy to return in kind, Twitter, April 19.
- Caraid, Nezumi Bladeblesser, FurAffinity, Feb 1.
- Ceehaz, Brave Jump, Twitter, May 4
- Chalodillo, Choose Your Bride - Hope, FurAffinity, February 15.
- Chalodillo, Choose Your Bride - Sarah, FurAffinity, February 15.
- Chalodillo, Happy Workout Photo, FurAffinity, April 9.
- Julie Dillon, Jetmir, Nexus of Revels, Twitter, April 7.
- femurslemurs, Bardic Inspiration, Twitter, March 1.
- Huie, Fox Sun, Twitter, May 5.
- ikke_i_trafikk, none, Twitter, June 5.
- John Kovalic (color assist by Lar DeSouza), Ukraine: A Very Hard Stare, Dork Tower Shop, March.
- Mastergodai, Patreon Stream Request #460, FurAffinity, February 6.
- Mastergodai, Patreon Stream Request #461, FurAffinity, February 6.
- Mastergodai, Patreon Stream Request #462, FurAffinity, February 13.
- Mastergodai, Patreon Stream Request #472, FurAffinity, March 6.
- Mastergodai, Patreon Stream Request #479, FurAffinity, April 3.
- Morsilvia, Spilaio Fylakismeno. Owl Minerva, Furaffinity, March 21.
- Multiyashka-sweet, Autumn Leaves & Coffee Please, FurAffinity, March 29.
- Nelly63, The Guardian, FurAffinity, Jan 30.
- Ron Pancoast, Phabine, Boss's Confidant, Twitter, April 8.
- PGM, Comission Work, Twitter, May 26.
- Satanewg, detective lamb vs serial killer wolf (first image), Twitter, Jan 5.
- Silentwulv, Derpy Hooves Delivery Service, Twitter, Febuary 18.
- Sixfoot, The Navigator, Furaffinity, March 7.
- Springereous, Finn the Fox, Twitter, March 9.
- Tyson Tan, Sachi the Spirit Fox, Squishy, March 29.
- Tazara, Give it your best shot, FurAffinity, April 19.
- teranen, Lop sketch sheet, FurAffinity, Feb 16.
- VarOllis, For AlysTheWolf ♥, FurAffinity, Feb 5.
- yen_rin, Crimson Flower, Twitter, February 5.
[Computer or console games, role-playing games, board games. No prereleases, just the finished version.]
- Horgihugh and Friends (Developer: Aksys Games; June 16)
- Kirby and the Forgotten Land (Developer: HAL Laboratory, Publisher: Nintendo; March 25)
- Lookouts (Developer:ParanoidHawk and ColDoggo, Publisher: itch.io; March 31
- MOFUMOFU SENSEN (Developer: BURNSOUCOU; June 16)
- Pocky & Rocky Reshrined (Developer: Natsume, Publisher: ININ Games; June 24)
- Pokémon Legends: Arceus (Developer: Game Freak, Publisher: Nintendo; January 28)
- Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles: Shredder's Revenge (Developer: Tribute Games, Publisher: Dotemu; June 16)
- Tunic (Developer: Andrew Shouldice, Publisher: Finji; March 16)
[Online collections of art, stories, and other creative and/or informational works. Includes galleries, story archives, directories, blogs, and personal sites.]
- Kemono Cafe, Furry Webcomic Hosting.
- Ambedo, by Leme Meek. Song/single. Mar 22.
- The Chicken, by Bo Burnham. Song.
- Chimera, by d.native. album. Jan 28.
- Doggy god's street, by Inugami Korone and FAKE TYPE. Song/Single. April 16.
- For The Last Time, by Furry Loser. album. Jan 27.
- Manndeor, by Manndeor. album. Jan 26.
- Redebut/Werepup model, by WFN and Buffpup. Vtuber model and event. April 23.
- WHEN I LOOK AT U, by GOJII. song/single, April 1.